"Building an Inclusive and Respectful Community"
photos compliments of Robert Barclay and/or Peggy Brisbane
The Office of Diversity Education supports the mission of Central Michigan University to provide transformative educational opportunities that enhance competencies for all who teach, learn, and work at Central Michigan University.
OUR GOALS ARE:
- Enrich CMU community members' experience through intercultural education.
- Facilitate campus-wide interaction and build collaborative partnerships to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Develop and implement educational opportunities that cultivate and sustain a supportive and inclusive campus community.
OUR PROGRAMS & SERVICES ARE:
- Cultural competence workshop series for faculty
- Cultural competence workshop series for staff
- Customized small group dialogues and workshops on diversity and inclusion, large group presentations featuring themes around diversity, inclusion, and social justice
- Diversity & inclusion orientation for new faculty & staff
- Exhibits representing a variety of historical and cultural collections
- Consultation services on intercultural communication, managing cultural differences, and conflict resolution
- Soup and substance series featuring themes around Hispanic Heritage Month, Native-American Heritage Month, LGBTQ, Black History Month, and Asian Heritage Month.
- Symposium: "Connecting with All Learners"
- Conversation on Campus Brown Bag Series
- Community Outreach
The Office of Diversity Education and the Center for Inclusion and Diversity are open to the public weekdays from 8a.m. to 5p.m.