Community and Tribal College Visits
Each month during the academic year, the STEP Academic Advisor visits its 5 partner community and tribal colleges. During these visits, she hosts an information table, as well as a workshop designed to prepare community and tribal college transfer students for their transition to a four-year institution (which fulfill STEP's two workshop per semester expectation).
Some of these monthly visits may consist of a student life fair, program event or conference, or special event held by the institution in place of, or in addition to, STEP's typical visits outlined above. For example, STEP will have attended different welcome back events, as well as a TRiO event and various course meetings by the end of this academic year.
STEP also attends events on CMU's campus (College Days, Transfer Visit Days, MainStage, etc.) designed to introduce students to everything CMU has to offer and college fairs throughout the state of Michigan.
*Workshops offered during these visits, as well as others offered at your community/tribal college or another institution/organization, may count toward your 2 workshops per semester expectation. Report back the title, date, time, host organization, and 3 things you learned from each workshop you've attended to Kayla Bottrell, STEP Academic Advisor, at MiCUP-STEP@cmich.edu to receive credit.
Spring 2015 Visit Schedules
Bay Mills Community College
- March 18th from 10am-3pm in the Mikanuk Commons
- Majors, Minors, and Careers Workshop from 11am-12pm in Mikanuk 110
- April 15th from 10am-3pm in the Mikanuk Commons
- Transfer Tips Workshop from 11am-12pm in Mikanuk 110
- March 10th from 9am-3pm in the West Main Hallway
- Majors, Minors, and Careers Workshop from 1pm-2pm in N007
- April 14th from 9am-3pm in the West Main Hallway
- Transfer Tips Workshop from 1pm-2pm in N007
Lansing Community College
- March 4th from 10am-4pm in the Star Zone
- Majors, Minors, and Careers Workshop from 1pm-2pm in GB 244
- April 1st from 10am-4pm in the Star Zone
- Transfer Tips Workshop from 1pm-2pm in GB 244
Mid Michigan Community College
- March 5th from 10am-4pm across from Rm. 168
- Majors, Minors, and Careers Workshop from 1-2pm in Doan 125
- April 2nd from 10am-4pm across from Rm. 168
- Transfer Tips Workshop from 1pm-2pm in Doan 125
Saginaw Chippewa Tribal College
- March 4th from 10am-4pm in the SRC
- Majors, Minors, and Careers Workshop from 1:30pm-2:30pm in East 2
- April 8th from 10am-4pm in the SRC
- Transfer Tips Workshop from 1:30pm-2:30pm in East 2
The Student Transition Enrichment Program (STEP) at Central Michigan University is a great place to continue your pursuit of a four-year degree. STEP reaches out to first generation and/or Pell eligible transfer students to help them navigate through the maze of a four-year institution. The program is sponsored by the State of Michigan, Workforce Development Agency, and King Chavez Parks (KCP) Initiative.