STEP Summer Conference
The fall semester is approaching and you're well on your way to becoming a student at CMU. What better way to get a head start, become more engaged, and better familiarize yourself with campus than attending a conference put on by the Student Transition Enrichment Program right at CMU!
Please join us in July to meet fellow incoming transfer students and learn more about academics, student services, CMU technology, and the campus environment. Breakfast and lunch, as well as free swag and a chance to win great grand prizes, are provided! If
you have any questions at any time, feel free to direct them to Kayla
Bottrell, STEP Academic Advisor, at (989) 774-2508 or MiCUP-STEP@cmich.edu.
More About the Conference
The STEP Summer Conference is an annual event that will address five areas:
- Financial Aid & CMU Technology
- Student Success & Support Services
- Concerns About Transferring to CMU
- Campus Culture
- Ways to Get Involved at CMU
What to Expect
Aside from FREE breakfast, lunch, swag, and a grand prize raffle, you can expect:
- Information Regarding Financial Aid and Other Important Topics
- Sessions Filled with CMU Insider Information
- Networking with Other Transfer Students
- Opportunities for Q & A
- Meeting Students & Professionals from Other Campus Offices
The Student Transition Enrichment Program (STEP) at Central Michigan University
is a great place to continue your pursuit of a four-year degree. STEP
reaches out to first generation and/or Pell eligible transfer students
to help them navigate through the maze of a four-year institution. The
program is sponsored by the State of Michigan, Workforce Development Agency, and King Chavez Parks (KCP) Initiative.