DIRECTIONS TO CMU
MAP OF CMU
To participate, students must be first generation (parents have not received a bachelor's degree,) must be Pell grant eligible, and have gained acceptance into CMU's fall 2014 class.
What is the Pre-College Conference?
The Pre-College Conference is an annual conference hosted by the Pathways to Academic Student Success (Pathways) program at CMU. The conference is designed to help first generation families get a "head-start" on successfully transitioning from high school to college. The Pre-College Conference also hosts current CMU students.
The one day conference connects participants with CMU staff, administrators, and faculty via panel discussions and workshop sessions. Sessions include the following topics:
|Incoming Student Track ||Current Student Track ||Parent Track|
- Scholarships and financial aid
- Managing life as a college student
- Choosing majors and minors
- Residence Hall Life
- Paying for School
- Graduate School and Career Preparation
- Money Management
- Coping with your child going away to college
- How to support your college student
- CMU lingo and key information