The ECWIT vision is to engage, empower and inspire women to pursue a career in information technology, math, science and engineering. We aim to equip women with confidence, develop their leadership skills, and increase their network and knowledge about technology.
We set 4 goals to achieve our Mission:
- Encourage students to pursue advanced degrees and careers in STEM fields and broaden the participation of minorities in those fields.
- Expand the STEM-capable workforce and increase the participation of women and minorities in that workforce
- Connect students to successful career women, recruiters, and mentors.
- Increase STEM literacy for all students, including those who do not pursue STEM-related careers, by adopting awareness programs and providing workshops.
We will achieve our Mission by:
- Leveraging existing CMU outreach programs and resources
- Connect with internal and external partners to help grow our network and influence.
- Increasing the pipeline by including young women in grades 6-12.