The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client provides secure, direct access to the CMU network while connected to the Internet via a non-CMU Internet Service Provider. This can provide you with access to the Microsoft Exchange server, secure servers/subnets, and other network resources.
- Download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client from the Software Download Center.
- Unzip the file and double-click the AnyConnect2.X.X.exe application. The VPN Client Setup Wizard will start, click the Next button.
- Read the License Agreement, and select the I accept the terms in the License Agreement option and click Next.
- Click the Install button.
- Click the Yes button to proceed, if prompted by Windows UAC (Vista/7 only).
- Click the Finish button.
- Click the Start button, select All Programs > Cisco > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client > Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client.
- In the Connect To field, type in the following server address depending on the first letter of your Global ID:
- Global ID begins with A-M: sg2.cmich.edu
- Global ID begins with N-Z: sg3.cmich.edu
NOTE: There is no difference between the two servers (sg2/sg3), OIT recommends selecting the VPN server name based on Global ID for load balancing only.
- After typing the server address press ENTER.
- Enter your Global ID and password in the Username and Password fields, respectively and click the Connect button.
- You will see a confirmation screen appear, click the Accept button.
- Once connected, the VPN Client will minimize to the System Tray.
NOTE: Due to licensing restrictions, the VPN session will automatically disconnect after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Right-click on the system tray icon and select Disconnect. Your VPN session will end and you can close the AnyConnect VPN Client window.