Select one of the following wireless networks for configuration instructions:
Configuring cmich_open (unsecured)
- Click the Start button and then Connect To.
- Select cmich_open from the list of available wireless networks and click Next.
- Click Connect Anyway. This simply is informing you that you're connecting to a non-encrypted wireless network.
- You may chose to save the network connection and also start the connection automatically when it is recognized. These items are both optional.
- When you open your web browser after connecting, you will be prompted to input your Global ID and password.
Configuring Cmich GOLD (WPA2 secured)
NOTE: To automatically configure your computer for Cmich GOLD, download and run the configuration tool available here.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- Ensure that View by is set to Category and click the View network status and tasks link from the Network and Internet section.
- Click the Manage wireless networks link.
- Click the Add button to add a new connection.
- Click the Manually create a network profile option.
- Enter or select the following information:
- Network name: Cmich GOLD
- Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
Click the Next button.
Click the Change connection settings option.
Select the Security tab and click the Advanced settings button.
NOTE: It is recommended that you deselect the Remember my credentials... option.
Check the Specify authentication mode option and select User authentication from the drop-down menu. Click the OK button to save changes.
From the Wireless Network properties screen, ensure that Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) is selected and click the Settings button.
Uncheck the Validate server certificate option and ensure that Select Authentication Method is set to Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2).
Click the Configure... button and uncheck the Automatically use my windows logon name and password option. Click the OK button to close any remaining open windows.
An information balloon will pop up from the Windows System Tray, click anywhere on the balloon except for the X or wrench icons.
The Windows Security Network Authentication screen will appear, enter your Global ID and password in the appropriate fields and click the OK button.
It may take several seconds to successfully authenticate you and connect you to the Cmich GOLD network.
Configuring cmich (WPA secured)
The cmich SSID will be phased out in the near future. Please follow the directions above to configure 'Cmich GOLD'. If the 'cmich' wireless network needs to be configured on your machine, please contact the Help Desk for instructions.