Facilitator(s): Brian A. Roberts & Chania Williams, IT Technology Awareness & Training Team
Microsoft Teams is a secure environment that brings users together in a virtual workspace to synchronously and/or asynchronously chat, audio/video conference, screenshare, create, store, and share files. The intuitive interface allows users to take full advantage of the Office 365 suite and other software as well as integrations with numerous third-party systems. Join us to learn more about this free enterprise level tool that can help you to quickly mobilize and continue your staff interactions with just a few clicks. Teams is available to every current staff member, faculty, and student.
NOTE: Webinar participants must have access to a computer or device with an audio speaker or headset. Microphones are ideal, but optional.
Registration NOT REQUIRED
Webinar Schedule: Please remember to add the webinar to your calendar. Reminder emails will NOT be sent. See instructions below.
- Tuesday, 3/17/20, 1:00 - 2:00pm
- Tuesday, 3/17/20, 3:00 - 4:00pm
- Tuesday, 3/17/20, 7:00 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, 3/18/20, 9:00 - 10:00am
- Wednesday, 3/18/20, 7:00 - 8:00pm
- Thursday, 3/19/20, 2:00 - 3:00pm
- Friday, 3/20/20, 9:00 - 10:00am
- Conversations are happening about the need for additional sessions. If/when scheduled, they will be advertised on this page and via CMU Today.
Join a Webinar
You can enter the webinar 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- Click here to participate in the Work from Anywhere Using Microsoft Teams (Webinar). If you have Teams installed on your computer or mobile device, you will be prompted to open Microsoft Teams. Go ahead and do so. If you do not have Teams installed on your device, you can cancel the alert and use the web app instead, ideally in an up to date version of Firefox or Chrome. Anyone participating solely from a smartphone or tablet will need to have the Microsoft Teams app downloaded and installed prior to the start of the webinar.
- If prompted, login using your CMU email address, global id, and password.
- Join the Work from Anywhere Using Microsoft Teams (Webinar) Team. If the interface does not load into the correct team, click on the Teams icon in the far left column and click Work from Anywhere Using Microsoft Teams (Webinar).
- Once the Teams interface loads, click on the General channel, scroll down to locate the most recent purple Meeting now box to join the meeting. We will be reusing this same team for all of our webinars, so you will likely see a lengthy chat/conversation history in the General channel. Be sure to Join the most recent
- Allow your computer/device/browser to use your microphone and camera. If you are unable to bypass adminstrator logins, you should still be able to listen to the webinar.
- Please, TURN OFF YOUR CAMERA AND MICROPHONE immediately after joining the the meeeting. We know that it is an odd thing to ask after just allowing your device to do so. The intent is to save bandwidth and to provide a quality experience for everyone since we are expecting a large number of session participants. The facilitator will explain the format and alternate means of communication.
- Wait for the session to begin.
- NOTE: Following the workshop, all participants will be removed from the webinar team.