To sign up for your CMU Calling Card, contact the OIT Telecommunications Service Center at (989) 774-3091, or visit their offices in Woldt Lower Level.
CMU provides long distance service to its students and staff through the CMU Calling Card program. This means your billing, long distance, and customer service are all provided conveniently on the main campus of CMU. The program features two rate plans:
- 9¢ per minute, anywhere, anytime: Take advantage of a single flat rate to call anywhere from anywhere in the contiguous U.S. This rate program contains absolutely no service charges or hidden fees – just a flat per minute rate each time you use the card.
- 6¢ per minute, $4.99 per month: Similar to the basic plan, this option provides a single rate of 6¢ per minute with a $4.99 monthly access fee.
The CMU Calling Card: Take Advantage of the Benefits
- Accessibility. The CMU Calling Card offers the flexibility you need from a long distance service provider. You can use your card at home, at work, or on the road.
- Convenience. Since your CMU Calling Card service is provided right here on campus, any questions or problems you encounter with your card can be solved quickly and conveniently. Also, your monthly bill will automatically appear on your CMU account, allowing you the option of paying by mail or in person on campus. This means you'll never have to divide the long distance bill again.
- No Variable Rates. With other calling cards your rates could vary depending on the day, time, and place you're calling. With the CMU Calling Card, you'll receive a fixed rate for all the calls you make - anytime, anywhere in the contiguous U.S. In addition, you'll also receive competitive rates for international calls. Call the Telecommunications Service Center, 774-3091, for current rates.
- No Hidden Fees. If you've ever used a calling card, you've probably had to deal with some sort of hidden fees that appear on your monthly statement, such as connection fees. With the CMU Calling Card, there are no hidden fees.