training for Central Michigan University investigators and study
personnel is offered online through the Collaborative Institutional
Training Initiative (CITI) at the University of Miami and the Office of Laboratory and Field Safety.
CITI training is required for investigators, administrators, committee members, and personnel who are involved with:
Research involving human subjects
Research involving animal care and use
You may link your CITI account to IRBManager (Coming Soon).
In addition, optional training is available in the following areas:
Biosafety and Biosecurity
Clinical Research Coordinator
Conflict of Interest
Good Clinical Practice
Information Privacy and Security
From the main CITI page, click "log in" or, after clicking the Link to CITI below, "log in through my institution" and select "Central Michigan University" from the list. This will allow you to utilize single sign on (automatically uses your CMU ID and password).
Once logged in, bookmarking this page will allow you to automatically log in to CITI through CMU without repeating the steps above.
Training: The ORC has updated investigator training requirements and learner groups within CITI for all compliance boards. In many cases, the number of required modules has decreased and the learner groups are now more appropriate to CMU.
Single Sign On for CITI has been implemented.
- Investigators who have registered with a username/password other than their CMU issued user information are asked to update their CITI profile.
- The old log-in will continue to work until until a user is updated.
- To access CITI via single sign on you can either follow the link from the ORC web page, or directly from the CITI page select either "sign in" or "get started", then select "log in through my institution" at the top of the page, choose Central Michigan University and you will automatically be re-directed to the CMU main log-in page.
- Once signed in you will be re-directed back to CITI. Note that if you are already logged in to CMU, simply clicking the link will take you to your CITI account without an additional log-in required.
If you utilize CITI solely for Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) or Conflict of Interest (COI) related training to meet your college/department requirements, you do not need to make any changes.
If you use CITI for committee specific training and have not been receiving expiration notices from CITI or would just like to take advantage of the simplified training requirements please complete the following steps after logging in:
- Select "Add a course",
- Select the new learner group most appropriate to you,
- Select any optional courses you would like to add.
- You can then delete any old/expired or duplicate modules from your list of required training.
The Office of Laboratory and Field Safety and CITI training is required for many IRB, and all IACUC and IBC researchers. Training requirements vary by protocol and risk so please consult with your Principal Investigator or the Office of Research Compliance or the Office of Laboratory and Field Safety for more information. You may also review the mandatory training policies for each committee posted on the ORC web pages and the OLFS training requirements page.
Report a Research Concern