Central Michigan University is committed to assisting faculty, staff and students in their research and creative endeavors by obtaining external funding. The Office of Research and Graduate Studies helps researchers locate potential funders and develop competitive proposals for a wide variety of funding sources.
Resources for Grant Seekers
- Prospective grant seekers must complete a transmittal form in order to initiate the internal approval process prior to submitting a proposal. Please contact a program officer in ORGS for questions on completing the form.
- Financial Disclosure forms -- prospective grant seekers must complete a financial disclosure form prior to submitting a proposal.
- Public Health Service financial disclosure - for proposals submitted to US Public Health Service agencies and divisions (NIH, AHRQ, HRSA, CDC, FDA, IHS, SAMHSA or ATSDR)
- Standard financial disclosure - for all non-PHS proposals
- Debarment and Suspension information is now included on CMU financial disclosure forms. In order for Central Michigan University to be eligible to apply for federal grant and contract funding, we must be able to certify that we are in compliance with Executive Order 12549 and Federal Acquisition Regulation 521.209-5. Debarment and suspension are actions taken by the federal government against organizations or individuals who have committed fraud or a criminal offense in violation of federal law. Any individual who meets any of the conditions outlined in the Central Michigan University Debarment and Suspension procedure are required to notify the Office of Research and Graduate Studies. Click here for a copy of the certification statement.
- CMU Fact Sheet
The CMU Fact Sheet contains information helpful in planning a budget for an externally-sponsored program or project. For additional help with budget development, contact ORGS.
Proposal Writer's Handbook
The Proposal Writer's Handbook is a useful, general guide for planning requests for support from external agencies. Consulting this guide, and your designated ORGS program officer, early in your planning process will help you to draft a competitive request for support.
Gifts vs. Grants
Facilities and Administrative Costs
ORGS Announces New Grant Submission Deadlines
New Grant Deadlines
Effective August 1, 2013 ORGS is implementing new deadlines for the submission of external proposals. For details, please click on the link above.
- The following links are useful to those seeking external funding through contractual arrangements. ORGS strongly encourages you to contact our office early in the negotiation process if you are working with an external entity on an agreement for services, support, or collaborative activities.
- Search Engines and Resources - ORGS offers the following helpful grant search tools for the CMU community: