Through utilization of data-driven industry best practices, OIT offers professional and courteous client support services that increase employee productivity, minimize downtime, and provide members of the CMU community with optimal accessibility to University resources. By leveraging both intelligent, helpful multiple-channel support and user-focused approaches to training, OIT drives technology adoption and maximizes the value of CMU's technology investments.
Desktop and Mobile Computing
- The Help Desk and Technical Services provide support for desktop workstations, laptops, printers, and mobile devices for students, faculty, and staff.
- The Help Desk regularly contributes to and updates a public Knowledge Base that provides How-to guides, FAQ's, and other helpful CMU-specific technology reference articles.
- Interactions with the Help Desk, escalated incidents, and system outages are all generated and maintained though a problem management system. This allows for better data-collection, cost-analysis, and increases the effectiveness of support.
- The ResNet services are available for all student, faculty, and staff members that are living in the CMU Residence Halls. Network registration support, virus removal, and general connectivity services are provided free of charge.
- Training plays a crucial role in the preparedness and effectiveness of technology within the campus community. OIT provides training in many different ways, including: interactive courses, presentations, documentation, and much more.