OIT provides an integrated administrative systems environment that enables the business of the university, enhances informed decision-making, and allows employees to do their jobs more efficiently. By leveraging core investments, OIT delivers economies of scale, simplifies routine day-to-day operations, and enables continuous business process improvement.
Business Process Consulting and Management
- General business systems consulting services to University business units. Identify or review their IT system needs and opportunities, including those provided through core business systems and web applications.
- Provides storage and access to CMU's centralized and secured sensitive business intelligence data.
- The maintenance, hosting, support, and implementation of a system used to digitize paper documents for storage and access.
- Electronically managed payment options for CMU Personal accounts; includes all maintenance, support, and requests relating to the Financials module of SAP.
Financial Aid Management
- Supporting and maintaining of systems and applications that manage student financial aid information.
Human Resources Management
- Job- and Personnel-related HR Functions automated through the People Admin system; includes all maintenance, support, and requests relating to the Human Resources module of SAP.
Online Survey Support
- Maintaining and supporting managed online feedback applications is provided by OIT.
- Management and transfer of credit card charges between cost centers and gl accounts; automated time card and work schedule processing for hourly employees.
Student Records Management
- Historical student data management; This service includes all maintenance, support and requests relating to the Campus Management module of SAP.