OIT builds flexible solutions that position CMU as a quality leader in education, support the broad pedagogical needs of the university, promote student engagement and sustain academic success. Investments in digital materials, virtual spaces, collaborative learning environments, and distance learning classroom technologies are critical to continuing CMU's growth in off-campus education and integrating the online and face-to-face classrooms.
- OIT manages the deployment, configuration, support, and maintenance of technology in University classrooms.
- CMU maintains a collection of various equipment and devices available for checkout.
- CMU maintains various campus computing labs that are available to Students, Staff, Faculty, and the public.
Learning Management Systems
- CMU provides centrally hosted and administered course management systems.
Media Production and Editing
- On-location and in-studio production of audio and video content is available for CMU students, faculty and staff. Training opportunities are also available for faculty and staff.
Optical Test and Survey Scoring (Scantron Grading)
- Opscan6 and ScanTools Plus optical scanning/scoring services are available to all faculty and staff. Scoring services include quizzes, midterms, and final exams. Scanning services include surveys and course evaluations.
- This is an online system that is used to scan student-submitted documents against a large repository to detect and identify plagiarism.
Printing Management (PrintQ)
- OIT provides students a computing lab printing service to all CMU undergraduate and graduate students.
Media Delivery and Storage
- OIT provides live and on-demand streaming of media via the Chipcast system and other media applications.
Video Viewing Stations
- Media Services houses a collection of eight individual viewing stations available for students, faculty, and staff.