To achieve our mission, we adhere to the core values of integrity, respect, compassion, inclusiveness, social responsibility, excellence, and innovation.
–Adopted by the Board of Trustees, December 2, 2010
Definition of Mission Statement Core Values
- Integrity: A steadfast adherence to the principles of honesty, trustworthiness, reliability, transparency, and accountability.
- Respect: Consideration of the rights, opinions, and ideas of others in a civil, fair, and thoughtful manner.
- Compassion: Empathy, concern and support for the needs and challenges of others.
- Inclusiveness: Conducting the activities of the university in a way that embraces shared governance, inspires tolerance, and welcomes diversity into our community.
- Social Responsibility: Fostering citizenship to promote the public good, environmental sustainability, global understanding, and informed political engagement.
- Excellence: Expectation that all activities are conducted with attention to quality and the highest levels of academic and professional standards.
- Innovation: Supporting progressive and meaningful research, creative activity, and teaching, Addressing challenges and issues from multiple perspectives to solve problems and advance knowledge.