The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) Faculty Professional Development Fund is provided to support faculty in teaching and learning centered activities; including research projects, or teaching and learning conferences.
Fund Criteria Include:
- Funded activities should lead directly to the improvement of teaching skills or practices relevant to a faculty member’s responsibilities in current or future courses or programs. Acceptable experiences may include instructional design, instructional technology, methodology, or pedagogy.
- Applicants must demonstrate that the experience to be funded requires active participation on the part of the recipient. Passive presence at short presentations or events will not be funded.
- Funding deliverable must occur within 2 semesters (including summer) of the supported event.
All regular faculty and fixed-term faculty on ½ time or greater appointment are eligible to apply for these funds. Graduate Assistants are not eligible to apply. Faculty salaries or stipend supplements, office support, or services intended primarily to support the delivery of instruction are not eligible for funding. Before submitting a request, applicants should provide evidence they have explored all other available funding options (e.g. Departmental, College, etc.). Projects that have received Faculty Research and Creative Endeavors (FRCE) funding are ineligible to apply to receive funding for the same project/event.
Funding up to a maximum of $750.00 per individual per academic year of reimbursable expenses per university policy. Support at the maximum level is not guaranteed for every request.
The recipient will agree to share their newly obtained knowledge, research, presentation, and/or related activity with CETL by either participating in a face-to-face and/or online workshop or creating an article for publication in the all-faculty email and subsequent posting on the CETL website. This must be done within two semesters of the supported event. Failure to comply will preclude eligibility for future funding.
Proposal Evaluation and Application The proposal must be complete with sufficient documentation validating the quality of the faculty learning event. Funding decisions will be made as follows:
- The deadline for submissions will be November 30th
- Submissions will be reviewed by the CETL Advisory Council at their scheduled December meeting.
- An applicant may apply for funding of any event occurring in the current fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th).
- Failure to follow the guidelines, and provide adequate information will result in the application being denied.
- Applications can only be resubmitted for consideration once.
All funding for 2017-2018 has been awarded. Please check back in Fall 2018 to apply for 2018-2019 funds.
Recipients of these funds will be required to adhere to the university’s Intellectual Property Rights Policy, which is available from the Office of Research and Graduate Studies, Foust 251.