Academic Development, a unit within the Office of the Provost, provides strategic facilitation for the development, design, delivery, and instructional support of high-quality academic programming across the university. Comprised of three functional units, Academic and Professional Programs, Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, and Faculty Support and Assignment, the staff partner with senior leaders, faculty, and staff across the university to develop meaningful and sustaining relationships for academic program innovation, expansion, enhancement, instructional excellence, and student success. Academic Development facilitates pedagogical, curricular, course design, and instructional support to faculty for the delivery of face-to-face, hybrid, and digital courses and programs to traditional and post-traditional student populations.
- Create long-standing and mutually beneficial relationships with faculty and staff to achieve shared goals for course and program development and delivery leading to student success.
- Coordinate the development and sustainable growth of high quality traditional and pioneering alternative academic program initiatives that positively impact CMU's strategic priorities for program quality, instructional excellence, enrollment growth, and student success.
- Facilitate and support the design of on-the-ground, technology-enhanced, online, hybrid, and/or blended courses and programs.
- Promote student learning by the support of faculty through the course delivery and instructional lifecycle (including proactive staffing and professional development opportunities focused on continual improvement of pedagogy, instruction, and creative endeavors).
- Support the instructional activities of CMU's part-time (adjunct) faculty by fostering engagement with the university, their academic departments, and each other.
Academic Development Functional Units
Academic and Professional Programs
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Faculty Support and Assignment