Student & Office Assistant
@CMU since :: 2012
Ally has worked at FaCIT since her first day attending CMU. She does everything and anything that she can to ensure that things are flowing smoothly all around the office. Her duties include prepping workshop and event spaces, scheduling events, creating Certificates of Implementation, managing the FaCIT Resource Library, assisting with the Great Lakes Conference on Teaching & Learning, and pretty much anything else that the staff asks of her. Somehow, she manages to do it all with a smile and a great sense of humor.Whitman's favorite part of her job is getting to meet faculty members and make connections! She really enjoys all of the people that she works with.
Ally is majoring in Communication Disorders and minoring in American Sign Language with an end goal of working as a Speech Pathologist with an ASL interpreting license.
We're really hoping that she chooses to do her graduate work here at CMU. She's not going to be easy to replace.
Hidden Talent :: Speaks in Donald Duck voice
Siblings :: 6 brothers. The four younger ones LOVE Siblings Weekend at CMU
Hobbies :: Knitting, reading, attending any sporting event, time with friends and family, and concerts
Office :: Park 413
Job Duties Include:
- Receptionist: Answer office phone & general walk-in inquiries
- Assistant to Event Coordinator during Great Lakes Teaching & Learning Conference
- Workshop and Event assistance as needed
- Helps manage FaCIT Library
- Other miscellaneous office duties as requested by staff
- Data entry within FileMaker and Survey Monkey