FaCIT :: Antoinette T. Tucker
@CMU since :: 2007
Antoinette joined the Faculty Center for Innovative Teaching in October of 2013.
She has over 20 years of secretarial experience working in corporate businesses and within academia. Working at FaCIT is the perfect combination of her preferred working environment: performing administrative duties within a university setting, helping assist staff and faculty, and being around young minds!
“I am the first in my family to complete an advanced degree. To be able to achieve this goal – pursuing a passion of mine (Music) - and to then to work in an environment that fosters higher education is a blessing.”
She holds degrees in Vocal Performance from the Florida State University (B.M) and the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana (M.M). It was a no brainer when she decided to put her singing aspirations on hold to have a family, as well as support her husband through 'their' doctorate.
musician at heart, Antoinette volunteers at Art Reach of Mid-Michigan helping coordinate concerts and music within the Mt. Pleasant area, and she hasn’t stopped singing.
Having been raised in Orlando, Florida, she loves living in Michigan – appreciating the change of seasons. She has two – very cool - daughters: Sophia & Olivia.
Office :: Park 413
Job Duties Include:
- Office manager
- Supervise Student workers
- Administrative Assistant to Excellence in Teaching Award Committee
- Administrative Assistant to FaCIT Advisory Committee
- FaCIT payroll management
- Assists in management of FaCIT Budgeting
- Room Scheduling for Park 413B (Conference room), and 413D (Teaching Classroom)
- Assists with distribution of funds for: FaCIT Professional Growth Fund Awards, HITA (High Impact Teaching Academy), FLC (Faculty Learning Communities)