Welcome to the web site of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL). With some of the top professionals in the nation, CETL has provided over ten years of confidential assistance to faculty. Central Michigan University has long emphasized quality teaching and dynamic learning opportunities for our students, including
CMU's First Core Value:
"Student-focused learning, placing the strongest value on learning and teaching."
6 Major Functions of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning:
- Assisting faculty through one-on-one tutorials and project development sessions;
- Assisting and outreach to small groups and departments by holding exploratory or facilitative dialogs, and timely workshops, seminars, and webinars;
- Designing and delivering the New Faculty Orientation (for both tenure-track and fixed-term faculty);
- Orchestrating an annual regional conference to serve CMU and the broader educational community;
- Providing key resources on CETL's website (e.g. video modules and teaching resources);
- Offering funding opportunities to faculty wishing to partake in professional development, Faculty Learning Communities, the High Impact Teaching Academy, Service-Learning and the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL).
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning is devoted to assisting faculty as they seek to provide sound evidence-based teaching and state-of-the-art learning opportunities for students. Overall, we can assist you with just about any aspect of teaching and learning that you can imagine, from utilizing Blackboard
, providing a classroom observation and/or feedback session with your students to organizing visual and digital information to moving beyond PowerPoint presentations.
In recent years, we’ve annually served over 500 CMU faculty. We hope to assist you this year and trust that you’ll benefit from the resources on this website. If you’d like to speak with someone about a specific project, don’t see a topic you would like covered, or just want to talk about teaching and learning, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to serving you and your department!