Handshake is more than a job board. It is the #1 way college students find jobs!
Central Michigan University has partnered with Handshake to offer job search assistance to students and alumni. Employers from across the country and around the world post thousands of new jobs and internships each day. Connect with employers ranging from local family-operated business all the way up to all of the Fortune 500 companies. Check out the information below to make the most out of your Handshake account!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Do In Handshake?
- Discover and apply to internships and jobs posted for Central Michigan University students and alumni
- View and register for upcoming career fairs, networking events, and workshops
- Schedule an appointment with a career advisor
- Learn which employers are visiting campus
- Connect with peers for tips and advice
Where Do I Start?
Good news! Every CMU student and recent alum has a Handshake account. You just need to log in to Handshake using your CMU Global ID and password. Download the app by searching for "Handshake" on the App Store or Google Play.
Why Should I Use Handshake?
- Receive personalized career recommendations based on your profile and interests
- Employers are actively searching for students
- To get an inside look at employers and jobs by learning from peers about their experiences at various companies
- Network with over 550,000 employers
Making The Most Of Handshake
- Complete your profile to receive personalized job recommendations
- Fun Fact – 80% of students who complete the “Your Interests” section receive a message from a recruiter!
- Make sure your profile is public
- Upload your resume
- Follow employers to get notifications of when your favorite employers post jobs or are coming to campus
- Get some tips from recruiters about how to stand out on Handshake
- Check out these Frequently Asked Questions about how to get the most out of your Handshake account