Tackling the Technology
Transforming your Blackboard Shell to Transform your Teaching Series
- Transforming Your Blackboard Shell to Transform your Teaching Part 1 (9:46)
In this video, our CIS Blackboard expert shows how course shell structure can be maximized for the presentation of your content in an effective manner that is beneficial to both the student and the instructor.
- Transforming Your Blackboard Shell to Transform your Teaching Part 2 (10:03)
In this video, our CIS Blackboard expert navigates learner-centered course design principles with examples of how to present content in Blackboard while still making it accessible and engaging for all students.
This video will provide helpful advice and resources to create and implement assignments in Blackboard while effectively measuring the students’ learning.
Function and Features of Blackboard Grade Center Series
- Exploring the Blackboard Grade Center: Part 1 (12:11)
This video showcases some of the useful functions and helpful features of setting up, utilizing, and managing your Blackboard Grade Center.
- Exploring the Blackboard Grade Center: Part 2 (5:43)
This video showcases some of the Blackboard Grade Center grade management features, including grading options, embedded rubrics, and providing feedback.
Assessment Creation Series
- Assessment Creation in Blackboard Part 1: Considering Options (8:05)
In Part 1 of this Assessment Creation series, we highlight helpful options and aspects to consider when designing assessments.
- Assessment Creation in Blackboard Part 2: Building and Construction (9:01)
In Part 2 of this Assessment Creation series, the presenter digs into the logistical “How To’s” for making and assembling your assessment in Blackboard.
- Assessment Creation in Blackboard Part 3: Implementation and Maintenance (9:20)
In Part 3 of this Assessment Creation series, our expert shares the “How To” steps for configuring, deploying, and editing your Blackboard assessment.
Testing Online with Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor
- Testing Online with Blackboard Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor Part 1 (8:37)
In Part 1, we will discuss Blackboard exam considerations, and what Respondus security software tools can offer.
- Testing Online with Blackboard Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor Part 2 (8:54)
In Part 2, the benefits and challenges of implementing Respondus security software are shared along with exploring the user experience.
In this video, we show how collaborative learning opportunities can be managed using MS Teams and WebEx.
In this video, faculty member Dr. Doug Lapp, explains how to install, sign in, and manage Microsoft Teams on your mobile device.
Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs) Series
- Classroom Assessment Techniques Part One (4:07)
In part one of this video series, we’ll highlight the value of CATs, and provide a brief overview of the platforms you can use for implementation in your course(s).
- Classroom Assessment Techniques Part Two (7:36)
In part two of our series on Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATs), we’ll share a few ways MS Teams, WebEx, and Blackboard can be used for in-class assessment.
Teaching with WebEx Tour
- WebEx: A Tool for Synchronous Teaching in an Asynchronous Environment Part 1 (8:42)
Part 1 of this teaching with WebEx tour will present the virtual platform as a synchronous tool for connection and will discuss best practices for hosting a live class meeting.
- WebEx: A Tool for Synchronous Teaching in an Asynchronous Environment Part 2 (7:06)
In Part 2 of this teaching with WebEx tour, you will explore classroom enhancing features such as screen sharing, polling, troubleshooting tips and more!
- Webex Breakout Sessions (7:23)This new feature allows for small group discussion and collaboration without ever leaving a personal meeting room. This video shares how to set up breakout sessions while maintaining the full functionality of WebEx. In addition, we show how the instructor can visit each group, much like one would do in-person.
Check out these tips to make your WebEx class or meeting run smoothly!
OIT and CIS outline some tips to help you schedule and secure your Webex “classroom”.
Introduction to Chipcast (5:23)
This video provides an introduction to Chipcast, CMU’s streaming video platform, and offers an end-to-end solution for recording, editing, and sharing media learning objects in your course(s).
Supplemental Resource: Tips and Tricks for Remote Video Set-up - Check out some helpful media recording info from our peer teaching and learning colleagues at the University of Arizona.