Questions to Ask After Curriculum Mapping
Similar to the list above, these are just ideas. We have no doubt your work team will raise questions/concerns related to the mapping activities that impact their own.
- Is the curriculum coherent:
- Vertically? What students learn in one unit, course, or year prepares them for the next unit, course, or year without gaps or unnecessary redundancy.
- Horizontally? What students learn in one section mirrors what they learn in another section with similar methods & assessments.
- Program-Level? Educators across a program are working toward the same learning standards using similar methodologies and quality of instruction with balanced content coverage.
- Are standards or outcomes:
- Communicated in an easy-to-understand format?
- Communicated in an easy-to-observe or easy-to-measure format?
- Engaging for students?
- Aligned to individual courses or units?
- Aligned to individual assessments?
- Promoting higher order processing?