Self-Deployed Student Survey
The Student Perspectives on Teaching Survey is available as a Blackboard course export ZIP file. It is meant to be imported in its entirety, into an existing Blackboard course shell.
- Download Student Survey (CMU login required).
Instructions for use and customization
- Click the "Download Student Survey" link above.
- Save the file to an easy-to-find location (i.e., your downloads folder or computer desktop).
- Login to Blackboard and enter the course where you’d like to put the survey.
- In the Control Panel on the left, expand the Packages and Utilities group by clicking on that heading, and then select "Import Package/View Logs."
- Click the "Import Package" button.
- Under the Select a Package heading, click the "Browse My Computer" button to locate the Student Survey .zip file you previously downloaded/saved.
- After locating and selecting the file, scroll down the page to the Select Course Materials section and click the “Select All” button.
- Click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page. Within a moment, the Import Package/View Logs screen will reload with a message displayed as follows: “Success: This action has been queued. An email will be sent when the process is complete.”
- When the process completes, an email will be sent to your CMICH account indicating a successful import and/or noting any warnings or errors which may have occurred. The import should take only a few minutes but may take longer depending on the volume of requests.
- After you receive that email, enter that same course. A new content area titled Student Survey will appear in the course menu to the left and the survey will already be deployed and ready for student use within that area. If you want to customize that survey to deploy later, you can hide that content area from student view by hovering over it and using the gray arrow that appears to select “Hide Link.”
- To customize survey questions, access the survey's drop-down menu and select "Edit the Survey."