PNC ActivePay is a secure web-based application Central Michigan University uses to edit current period CMU Business Credit Card transactions. This is a useful tool to assist you in managing your credit card transaction information. This application allows you to view transaction information, edit account codes (cost center, WBS Elements and GLs), add internal order numbers and run statement reports.
As an ActivePay User, you can...
- Review account information for your cards. You can review account information for your CMU Business Credit Card, including credit limits.
- Review transactions for your cards. You can run transaction queries to review transactions posted to your cards for a specific date range. New: You will also be able to see real-time authorizations.
- Allocate transactions. When reviewing transactions, you can update allocation information (cost centers, WBS Elements and GLs) so that the transactions are assigned to the proper accounts within CMU's accounting system. You can also split a transaction to allocate it to more than one account. Changes can be made to the accounting information in ActivePay until the scheduled lockdown which usually occurs 4-5 days after the statement period ends. This eliminates the need for journal entries.
- Generate reports on your card transactions. You can run statement reports for your card transactions. No more waiting for your credit card statement in the mail. Statements can be run on the 25th of the month unless the 24th falls on a weekend, in that case Statements can be run on the following Monday. Get started on your Reconciliation Form 1-2 weeks earlier. You can also set up your reports to be automatically generated each month.
A CMU Business Cardholder can access their credit card information or give another individual permission to access their credit card account.
Log in to ActivePay
A User ID and Password are needed to access ActivePay. If you do not have a user account and wish to open one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving your User ID and Password, go to the ActivePay website to access your credit card account.
Statement period and credit card transaction lockdown
The CMU Business Credit Card statement's current period runs from the 25th of the month to the 24th of the month. (i.e. April 25 - May 24) unless the 24th falls on a weekend, in that case, the statement period ends on the following Monday. Individuals with an ActivePay user account can log in to ActivePay to view and update credit card transactions anytime during the month. Transactions can be updated until the lockdown takes place. For more information regarding the lock-down process, please go to Transferring Transactions into SAP.
Forms and resources
- Change Default Accounting Allocation for CMU Credit Card Account
- ActivePay Website (PNC)
- ActivePay Training Manual (PDF)
- Chip and Pin FAQ
- Month-end Schedule
- Training Sessions Scheduled
- Transferring Transactions into SAP
- G/L Accounts for Supplies and Equipment (COMING SOON)
For more information on ActivePay, call Payroll and Travel Services at 989-774-3797.