Skip to main content

Scholar Information

International education and cultural exchanges are one of the most effective means of developing lasting and meaningful relationships. They provide an extremely valuable opportunity to experience the United States and our way of life, as well as, sharing their worldview with Central Michigan University faculty, staff and students.

The Office of Global Engagement offers assistance to faculty, staff and other department members who are interested in inviting international scholars to join CMU. We also provide assistance in obtaining work visas for non-citizens or non-residents of the United States to allow them to work at CMU. ​

Eligible faculty and staff members who are interested in becoming legal permanent residents of the United States can seek our help to obtain this benefit from the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.

If you require further information, please feel free to contact Lindsay Barron at or by phone at (989) 774-4308.​