Spring Forward Award for Dual Enrollees
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to get the award?
• Be admitted as a new freshman for either the summer of 2023 or the fall of 2023.
• Enroll as a dual-enrolled student in 3 or more credits during the spring 2023 semester.
• No application is required to obtain the award. It will be automatically applied to your CMU account as long as you meet the awarding criteria.
I am a new freshman admitted to a global campus program. Am I eligible?
• Yes, as long as you are dual-enrolled in at least 3 credits over the spring semester.
Are students using a CMU Employee or other tuition benefit eligible?
• The CMU employee or other tuition benefit must be used first.
• The Spring Forward award can be stacked to cover tuition costs not already covered by your CMU employee or other tuition benefits, not to exceed tuition charges.
• The Spring Forward award will not cover other fees, like the Student Services Fee or special class fees, or other non-tuition charges, like housing and bookstore charges.
Will my 2023-2024 scholarships apply to spring tuition?
• No. Financial aid for the 2023-2024 academic year will be available starting in the fall of 2023.
Can I use financial aid if I enroll in the spring?
• No. High school students are not eligible for financial aid.
Can I enroll in any course I want?
• No, you will work with your high school counselor. Some courses may require prerequisites, may be full, or may have other restrictions.
Will dual enrollment courses count as part of my CMU grade point average when I attend as a regular student?
• Yes, all courses taken at CMU will be figured into your cumulative grade point average.