Spring Forward Award for New Transfer Students
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to get the award?
• Be admitted as a new transfer student for the summer of 2023 or the fall of 2023.
• Enroll as a guest student in 3 or more credits during the spring 2023 semester.
• No application is required to obtain the award. It will be automatically applied to your CMU account as long as you meet the awarding criteria.
I am a new transfer admitted to a global campus program. Am I eligible?
•Yes, as long as you are a CMU guest student with regular admission for summer 2023 or fall 2023 and enrolled in at least 3 credits over the spring 2023 semester.
Can I enroll in any course I want?
• No, you will select your courses with your college advisor. Some courses may require prerequisites, may be full, or may have other restrictions.
Are students using a CMU Employee or other tuition benefit eligible?
• The CMU employee or other tuition benefit must be used first.
• The Spring Forward award can be stacked to cover tuition costs not already covered by your CMU employee or other tuition benefits, not to exceed tuition charges.
• The Spring Forward award will not cover other fees, like the Student Services Fee or special class fees, or other non-tuition charges, like housing and bookstore charges.
Will my 2023-2024 scholarships apply to spring tuition?
• No. Financial aid for the 2023-2024 academic year will be available starting in the fall of 2023.
Can I use financial aid if I enroll in the spring?
• No. You would need to change your admission to spring 2023. The Spring Forward Award is for students who have regular admission for summer 2023 or fall 2023.
Can I transfer early and still receive the $750 spring forward funds?
• No, the spring forward funds are available to new transfer students who have regular admission for summer 2023 or fall 2023. Students who have regular admission for spring 2023 are not eligible for the spring forward funds.