Providing support to CMU students who have experienced foster care.
As part of the initiative, Fostering Success Michigan, our primary goal is to ensure you experience academic success and earn a degree by providing concrete resources, as well as a community of support and encouragement. You will receive support from the start of your CMU education, lasting all the way to graduation. We're here to help you in areas such as:
• Financial Aid
• Year-round housing access
• Peer mentoring
• Personalized academic and career advising
• You must have been in foster care on or after your 14th birthday
• Must demonstrate financial need via FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
• Must maintain full-time student status and satisfactory academic progress
• You may be any age and need not be a resident of the state of Michigan
Fostering Success Central is housed in the Pathways to Academic Student Success Office at Central Michigan University.