Starting at 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 11, the temperature in most buildings (excluding areas of live animal research, the greenhouse, the Student Activity Center and pool areas, the Music Building, Park Library, Clarke Historical Library and other critical climate-sensitive areas) will be reduced to 55 degrees.
Facilities Management will maintain limited staffing on campus to monitor facilities and focus on preventing damage from potential freeze-ups. Temperatures will return to normal settings by 8 a.m. Monday, Jan. 4, 2021.
Before leaving campus for the holiday break, please do the following to help conserve energy usage during the holiday period:
- Turn off electronics, electrical appliances and lights.
- Make sure faucets are off.
- Close windows and curtains.
- Adjust locally controlled heating thermostats to 55 degrees or to minimum setting.
- Turn off computers, monitors and exhaust fans.
- Clear clothing, furniture and other items away from heaters to avoid inadequate heating that may cause freeze-ups and damage.
Any Facility Management personnel called in for temperature changes during winter break will be billed to the requesting department.
If you have questions, email Mike Walton, director of energy and utilities, at email@example.com.