Student employee hiring requirements

​Before beginning employment on campus, new student employees must obtain a Hire Authorization Card from Student Employment Services in room 121 of the Bovee University Center.

The documents most commonly presented to complete the paperwork for hiring are a Social Security Card and a picture ID (Driver's License or CMU ID).

The Social Security Card must be the actual card. Federal law prohibits using copies of any kind.​​

Central Michigan University • 1200 S. Franklin St. • Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 • 989-774-4000