A number of construction projects this summer will transform campus and enhance CMU's educational environment. Facilities Management and University Communications will post campus improvement updates every Wednesday in Our CMU.
You'll learn more about the significance of the projects and how they align with CMU's 2013-2018 Strategic Plan: Advancing Excellence, in addition to fun construction facts, photos, detours and significant milestones.
The projects scheduled for the summer include:
- demolition of Washington Apartments to make way for the $95 million Biosciences Building — a two-year effort and CMU's largest construction project ever;
- construction of a Bloomberg Terminal room in Grawn Hall — a state-of-the-art financial trading floor, complete with Bloomberg terminals;
- construction of two active learning classrooms in Dow;
- remodeling of two auditoriums and two classrooms in Moore Hall;
- construction of an east utility loop;
- realignment and paving of East Campus Drive; and construction by a private firm, Lodgco, of a hotel adjacent to Kelly/Shorts Stadium.