Kevin Wilson serves as the Assistant Director of Diversity Education within the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Central Michigan University. He supports Director Nikita Murry Ph.D. with providing oversight for institution-wide diversity education initiatives at CMU.
Kevin was born and raised in Flint Michigan and relocated to Mount Pleasant in 2013. He is a proud graduate of Central Michigan University where he earned his undergraduate degree in Communication. Kevin is now back in pursuit of his 2nd degree as a part of the MSA Leadership program. Kevin practices Transformational Leadership and is passionate about equity, inclusion, team building, and follower development. Kevin loves dedicating his free time to reading, traveling, and representing CMU at events.
More About KEVIN WILSON
Publications & Presentations
Invited Keynote and Presentations at Conferences, and Workshops
- Guest Speaker - Multicultural Student Leadership Conference - “Trusting your Process”– 2019
- “Brother You’re on My Mind” – Mental Health Awareness program in collaboration with Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. Omicron Beta Chapter – 2018
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
Honors and Awards
- Multicultural Award of Distinction for Social Justice & Advocacy, presented by the Center of Inclusion and Diversity at Central Michigan University - Dec/2018
- Black Males Rock Awards - Nominee, Emerging Leader Award - 2017
- Community Service Award - presented by the Organization for Black Unity at Central Michigan University – 2015
- Completed Cliftons Strengths Talent Assessment and Gallup Training – Aug/2022
- Completed News & Events Contributor Training – Central Michigan University – July/2022
- Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED- Expiration Date – Sept/2023
- CDC Concussion Training – Expiration Date - Sept/2023
- Bloodborne Infectious Diseases – Expiration Date - Mar/2024
- M.S.A., Central Michigan University. Major: Leadership (Graduation Date: May/2023)
- B.S., Central Michigan University. Major: Communication.
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- The National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- The National Association for the advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Men About Change - Central Michigan University