Publications & Presentations
Stearns-Pfeiffer, Amanda and Sovis, Kristin A.K. (2021) "Refuge for Teachers (and Learners) in a Turbulent Public Education Landscape," New Jersey English Journal: Vol. 10 , Article 19.
Sovis, Kristin A.K. (2020) "Building Online Writing Community through Other-Oriented Lenses in an Era of Crisis," Teaching/Writing: The Journal of Writing Teacher Education: Vol. 9: Iss. 1, Article 9.
Kristin and Sarah Pancost. “The International Baccalaureate Learner
Profile: A Social Justice Framework in the ELA Classroom.”
The Language Arts Journal of Michigan. 32.2 (Spring 2017).
Sovis, Kristin and Amanda Stearns-Pfeiffer. "All the Ways to Read an Orange: Critical Theory as a Bridge Toward Social Justice.” Connections: The Journal of the Georgia Council of Teachers of English. 52.1 (Fall 2017).
Stearns-Pfeiffer, Amanda and Kristin Sovis. “Maintaining Momentum: Rethinking Graduate School.” (Peer-reviewed blogpost). Conference on English Leadership. (July 2016).
Sovis, Kristin and Amanda Stearns-Pfeiffer. “The Authentic Making (and Assessing) of Successful Teacher Candidates.” The Language Arts Journal of Michigan. 31.1 (Fall 2015).
Sovis, Kristin and Amanda Stearns-Pfeiffer. “Rewriting the Narrative of Teacher Education through Collaboration.” English Leadership Quarterly. 37.4 (April 2015).
- Ph.D., English (English Education, Rhetoric and Composition, Post-Colonial Literature)
April 2014, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- M.A., Education (Secondary Methods of Instruction, Differentiated Instruction)
May 2008, Saginaw Valley State University, University Center, Michigan
- B.A., English and Secondary Education
April 2004, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Developing frameworks that support teacher development
- Professionalizing prospective and practicing K-12 English teachers
- Conceptualizing and teaching writing methods courses in digital spaces
- Bridging secondary and first-year college writing experiences
- ENG 101: Freshman Composition
- ENG 103: Freshman Writing
- ENG 201: Intermediate Composition
- ENG 315: Teaching Writing in the Elementary and Middle School