Theresa joined Central Michigan University as a temporary employee in January 2003 and continued working in that capacity until permanent employment with The Herbert H. & Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions in the Doctor of Health Administration (DHA) Program in September 2005. Currently, Theresa is the executive secretary that supports six on campus faculty and four off campus faculty within the health administration undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs. She also serves as the executive secretary for the Health Administration Division Advisory Council (HADAC), the DHA Program Supporting Secretary for the Doctor of Health Administration Alumni/Student Network Board of Directors (DHA ASN), and the Central Michigan University Administrator for UMI ProQuest.
Ms. Ames and her husband Ken will celebrate their forty-sixth wedding anniversary this year. They are the parents of six grown children, four boys and two girls, four of which are CMU Alum. All six children are married and live in Michigan. They have twelve living grandchildren, seven boys and five girls, and two heavenly grandchildren. Theresa is a wholly creative person and loves everything to do with crafts from homemade cards and personal scrapbooks, to sewing, embroidery, and crocheting. She is very fond of organizing almost anything, which fits her personal and professional life.
Credentials, Certifications & Awards
- International Association of Administrative Professionals Member of Excellence, 2009-2015
- International Association of Administrative Professionals Michigan Division Star Performer Award, 2011-2013
- International Association of Administrative Professionals Michigan Division Certificate of Appreciation as the 2012-2013 Chapter President, 2012-2014
- Staff Excellence Nomination for Central Michigan University, 2014
- International Association of Administrative Professionals Michigan Division Shining Star Award, 2013-2014
- Staff Excellence Nomination for Central Michigan University, 2018
- AAS, Administrative Assistant; Executive Emphasis, Davenport University, 2000
- AAS, Business Information Specialist, Davenport University, 2000
- AAS, Office Information Specialist, Davenport University, 2000
- Office Communication Certificate, 1995
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Central Michigan University Network for Women
- International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP)