Learn to analyze ethical problems from multiple viewpoints. Our minor in ethics, values and society will prepare you for leadership positions in business, public service, law and beyond.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
In our ethics courses, you’ll learn to consider questions about right and wrong from multiple points of view. You’ll build reasoning skills that will help you throughout your career.
Research shows that training in ethics leads to improved performance in classes and on the job. You’ll learn to think analytically, write clearly and argue persuasively — skills that will help you become an effective leader.
A minor in ethics adds a valuable dimension to your studies and your life while helping you prepare for a challenging career in business, law, health care, public service and more.
As an ethics, values and society student at CMU, you can:
- Explore tough social issues in peer-guided dialogue courses.
- Present your work at regional or national scholarly conferences.
- Join the student-led Student Philosophers club.
- Tackle some of life’s most important questions in classes like Moral Problems, Animal Ethics, and Social Inequality.
- Apply ethical problem-solving to issues across many professions in classes like Medical Ethics, Business Ethics, and Death and Dying.
Careers & Outcomes
A minor in ethics, values and society offers great preparation for any career. The ability to examine problems through the lens of ethics is particularly valuable for careers in law, health care, business and social services.