Turn big ideas into successful ventures. First, learn how it's done from world-class faculty, then dive in with confidence. In the Master of Entrepreneurial Ventures program, you'll study the important technical aspects of entrepreneurship like, raising capital, building teams, and protecting your intellectual property. Do it for your own business or help existing startups, social enterprises, or other companies.
Why This Program & What You'll Learn
Looking for a competitive edge as you try to turn an idea into an actual venture? Our master of entrepreneurial ventures program can show you the way. Learn to craft investor pitches and executive summaries, and study how to:
- Form new business entities.
- Build and motivate teams.
- Raise capital from angel investors.
- Use crowdfunding platforms.
- Leverage social media and e-commerce tools.
- Protect intellectual property.
- Negotiate with clients and strategic partners.
- Structure venture capital deals.
- Manage growth and risk.
- Harvest economic gains.
CMU's master of entrepreneurial ventures program is offered online. So you can log in from anywhere while learning with deeply experienced faculty from across the United States. Some are social entrepreneurs and investors, others have helped clients raise venture funding and create significant value, one even won an Emmy!
You can finish this program in a year by taking just two courses during each of CMU's eight-week online terms. If time is a challenge, you can earn the MEV degree in two years on a part-time track.
While the MEV is relatively new, CMU's program has already been ranked by College Consensus (#16 in 2020), Best College (#9 in 2020), and Learn.org (#3).
As a student in the MEV program, you will:
- Compete for thousands of dollars at CMU's New Venture Competition. This annual contest seeks innovative student business ideas in several categories.
- Build a schedule that fits your life with online classes.
- Learn from world-class faculty at CMU and across the country.
- Prepare executive summaries and investor pitches at the start of the program.
- Assemble a portfolio for your venture including: formation and investment-related documents, intellectual property strategies and summaries, crowdfunding plans and campaigns, and social media and other marketing content.
Careers & Outcomes
Graduates of CMU's master of entrepreneurial ventures program go on to launch their own companies and help other organizations target new opportunities. Some careers you might consider include:
|Venture Capital Analyst||$70,526|
|Director of Operations||$95,016|
|Chief Executive Officer||$104,947|
|Chief of Staff||$109,196|