This program is intended for the adults in our community of makers. We welcome you to join us with creative pursuits of your own. There will be an overall theme for the program and Center staff members available to assist with your project.
We will have an overall theme and related projects you may enjoy using with students. Center staff members will be there to support your learning and faciliate conversation as we learn together informally.
Goals for Participants:
- A social connection with other makers from different settings.
- A connection with CMU makerspace and staff.
- A opportunity to learn from other makers and through sharing ideas.
Furniture Reimagined - CANCELLED
Saturday, September 21st | 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
$35/person | EHS Building, Rm. 134
Join our Maker-in-Residence is Mel Purdy, as she works with you to reimagine or repurpose an old dresser drawer. This event will be held in the makerspace.
The Center will provide materials such as:
- paints and stains
- safety glasses and respirator masks
- tools and brushes
- accent options and stencils
Participants are encouraged to bring:
- a solid wood drawer
- stripped of all finish if stain is desired
- cleaned if fresh paint is desired
- work clothes (included close-toed shoes)
- paint or stain if you have a specific brand or desired color
Mel is the owner of the Etsy shop "Of All the Purdy Things" and works as a Design Manager for Media Graphix at Central Michigan University.
The work of the Center for Excellence in STEM Education is generously supported in part by the Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation.