Field trips are made available at no cost to grades 4th -9th in the Great Lakes Bay Region thanks to a generous gift from the Grace A. and Herbert H. Dow Foundation. Classrooms that do not meet that criteria are responsible for their own transportation costs and a nominal fee for consumables.
The Center for Excellence in STEM Education is once again scheduling On-Campus Programming in the form of class field trips for the 2018-2019 school year. Students will have exposure to new experiences, concepts, and materials, with emphasis placed on iterative and creative processes at work in designing a prototype as opposed to a final version of a finished product.
Click on the image below to view our current list of field trip offerings.
Before Field Trip:
- Collect completed Consent Forms from parents
- Students MAY NOT participate in CMU-sponsored programs without the liability portion completed.
During Field Trip:
- Manage all student behaviors.
- Secure adequate staffing to assist with student needs.
- Supervise students leaving the room (i.e. restroom, drinks, etc.).
- Participate with students as comfortable.
To Schedule Your Trip:
Use the calendar below to check for open dates. Then use the schedule form to request dates and times.
Teachers must register for field trips individually. Please confer with colleagues BEFORE booking if you are trying to coordinate dates.