Free 24/7/365 and paid for by the Department of Defense
Website and a call center for resources and referral.
- Personal Counseling-Face to face, online, telephone and video
- Financial Counseling-Includes making a budget, planning for retirement, Blended Retirement System questions, Tax questions
- MilTax -Free online tax filing services and can be accessed on the Military OneSource website
- Health and wellness coaching allows service and family members to work with a certified health coach either over the phone, through online chat or video sessions. Your coach will help you set and reach goals to lose weight, meet your physical fitness requirements, manage stress, or make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Peer-to-peer consultations provide service members and spouses an opportunity to discuss challenges related to military life such as deployments, frequent moves, and specific service member and spouse challenges.
- Chill Drills Available as a play-a-way, these drills can help slow your heart rate, lower your blood pressure and reduce the level of stress hormones in your body. https://www.militaryonesource.mil/web/mos/products#!/ Search Chill Drills in the box, you will need to log in as a service provider to order, and they are FREE.
- Love Every Day is a mobile tool that helps you reconnect with your significant other by texting both of you a question every morning for 21 days.
- Wounded Warrior: Get immediate assistance for issues related to health care, resources, facilities and benefits — for eligible wounded, ill or injured service members, veterans and their caregivers.
- Caregiver Support Services: Support includes Military Caregiver PEER Forums and virtual forums, specialized resources, monthly events and webinars, Military OneSource provides military caregivers with tailored information and resources
- Michigan National Guard Employment Services: The Michigan National Guard Family Programs has launched a new Facebook page dedicated to helping current military members and veterans who are seeking employment! The Michigan National Guard employment page is for all branches of Military members and Veterans seeking employment in Michigan. The employment page was created to post up-to-date employment opportunities in the state from companies looking to hire veterans and people with military backgrounds.
Connect on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/EmploymentservicesMING/
Military Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program provides expert education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide. Spouses are offered comprehensive information, tools and resources to help with career exploration, education and training, employment readiness and career connections. Spouses are able to work with a Spouse Education and Career Opportunity Consultant to create a plan of action that considers earning potential metrics, financial aid options, education and training program resources, Credential and Licensing, job search techniques, interview skills, perfecting resumes and more. For spouses that wish to work independently, the new MySECO website ensures spouses have 24/7 access to online tools and assessments. Spouses can begin to explore their interests, skills, passions and personality type to determine the best fit for education and career choices and start to build a portable and meaningful career path. For more information: http://www.militaryonesource.mil/12038/MOS/Factsheets/SECO/SECO_MySECOPortalOverview_InfoSheet.pdf
· Military Spouse Employment Partnership Jobs Portal, also known as the MSEP Jobs Portal, is a job search engine specifically for military spouses. By entering the city, state and country of residence, spouses can browse through available jobs in the area. An advanced search allows spouses to look for a specific line of work. https://msepjobs.militaryonesource.mil/msep/ You can also follow them on LinkedIn.