Michigan National Guard State Tuition Assistance Program
Public Act 259 of 2014 established the Michigan National Guard State Tuition Assistance Program (MINGSTAP
) to provide tuition assistance to members of the Michigan National Guard who are attending any public or private college, university, vocational school, technical school or trade school located in Michigan. For more information about the program, please call 517-481-7640 or email MINGSTAP@michigan.gov.
- Up to $600 per credit hour
- Up to $14,400 per year
MINGSTAP is available to members of the Michigan National Guard who
- Are active in the National Guard (including the traditional service of one weekend/month and two weeks/year)
- Are in Good Standing (not absent without leave or under UCMJ charges) and
- Meet the additional criteria established by The Adjutant General, consistent with the guard's recruiting and retention requirements.
- Vocational Training
- Technical Training
- Associate’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s or first Professional Degree
MINGSTAP can be used along with the Federal Tuition Assistance and the GI Bill programs.