Provost Mary C. Schutten has been named chair of a search committee selected to find Central Michigan University's next Zyzelewski Family Associate Vice President/Director of Athletics.
President Bob Davies appointed the committee as Michael Alford completes his tenure at CMU before beginning his new role as CEO of Seminole Boosters Inc. at Florida State University on Sept. 1.
Glenn Sugiyama, from search firm DHR International, will assist in the nationwide search. Other committee members are:
- Rachel Blunt, senior associate athletics director.
- Herb Deromedi, former CMU coach and athletics director.
- Marissa Dunn, senior, women's track and field student-athlete.
- Ronald Ekdahl, alumnus and former chief, Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe.
- Mike Franckowiak, alumnus, former CMU student-athlete.
- Reyna Frost, alumna, former CMU women's basketball student-athlete.
- Alyssa Lucas, faculty, communications, and faculty athletics representative.
- Kalil Pimpleton, senior, football student-athlete.
- Nathan Tallman, CMU Alumni Association president.
- Kyle Pybus-Jerome, ceremonies and events coordinator, President's Office; administrative support (non-voting member).
Alford also has committed to assisting with the search to find his successor.
"We will seek candidates committed to furthering our championship culture and to our foundation that athletes are students first," Davies said. "The successful candidate will be a leader engaged in our campus and surrounding community, and fully committed to our vision for rigor, relevance and excellence."
The associate vice president/director of athletics reports directly to the university president and is responsible for providing strong leadership, administration, and overall coordination of a comprehensive Division I intercollegiate program.
The position will be posted this week and the search will begin immediately.