Campus Safety Information and Resources
Contact Information for Campus Public Safety and Title IX Offices
CMU Police Department
Safety and Security Services
Patrols, Prevention and Investigations
• The CMU Police Department employs officers who are certified by the state of Michigan and have full arrest powers.
• Officers also are deputized through the Isabella County Sheriff’s Office.
• Officers patrol the CMU community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week using a combination of traditional and community-oriented policing.
Rave Guardian - Campus Safety App
• CMU offers the "Rave Guardian" campus safety app to all students, faculty, and staff.
• The app is free and can be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play by searching "Rave Guardian".
• The app has many features designed to keep the campus community safe. Features include being able to chat with CMUPD, a safety timer when walking on campus, enhanced emergency calling, and other important campus resources.
Security Alarms and Cameras
• The university, in conjunction with the CMU Police Department, uses a system of surveillance cameras and alarm systems.
• Many public areas (including walkways and parking lots) have surveillance cameras in place which aid in the detection of crime and suspicious behavior.
Blue Light Emergency Phones
• Outdoor emergency phones are located in a variety of parking lots and walkways throughout campus.
• Emergency phones are marked by signs and an illuminated blue light.
• These phones connect to the CMU Police Department as if someone is calling 911.
• In the event of an incident that impacts the safety of the CMU community, all students, faculty and staff will receive a text message, phone call and/or email alerting them of the incident and providing safety information.
• The majority of faculty, staff and students have opted into the Central Alert system automatically. However, we strongly encourage everyone to visit the Central Alert registration page to verify your subscription information.
Minors on Campus
Resources for Survivors of Sexual Assault or Abuse
Copy of “A Resource Handbook for Campus Sexual Assault Survivors, Friends and Family”
Campus Security Policies and Crime Statistics
Pursuant to the student right-to-know and campus security act: