Board of Trustees Agenda Preview: Dec. 2022 Meetings
Trustees to review organizational changes in College of the Arts and Media
The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will vote on a motion authorizing organizational changes within the College of the Arts and Media when it meets for its formal session at 11:30 a.m. Thursday.
During the Academic and Student Affairs Committee meeting on Wednesday, Trustees will hear about international student recruitment success, how the university community benefits from international students, and plans for delivery of services for international students.
Thursday’s formal session – as well as committee meetings Wednesday afternoon – will be open to the university community and the general public with both in-person and virtual viewing options.
All meetings will be held in the President’s Conference Room in the Bovee University Center, with seating for up to 25 individuals in the adjoining Lake Superior Room; all meetings are also available via livestream:
- View the Wednesday committee meetings via livestream.
- View the Thursday formal session via livestream.
Other highlights of Wednesday’s committee agendas include:
- Health Care Special Committee, 12:30-1:00 p.m. — Trustees will discuss the recommendations of the Health Care Special Committee.
- Academic and Student Affairs Committee, 1:15-2:45 p.m. — Provost Nancy Mathews will provide an Academic Affairs update. Ling Zhang, director of Graduate and International Recruitment, and Jennifer DeHaemers, vice president of Student Recruitment and Retention, will discuss efforts to support international students. Vice President Renee' Watson and members of her leadership team also will provide an update on strategies for student engagement and support.
- Finance and Facilities Committee, 3:00-3:30 p.m. — Trustees will discuss deferred maintenance and the planned demolition of Northwest Apartments in 2024 and review other agenda items for approval at Thursday’s formal session.
- Trustees-Faculty Liaison Committee, 3:45-4:45 p.m. — Wiline Pangle, from the Department of Biology, will give a presentation on the proposed Integration of Science, Technology and Engineering certificate program.
- Trustees-Student Liaison Committee, 5:00-6:00 p.m. — Trustees will hear reports from several student leaders, including Taylor Idema and Natalie Brant, Student Government Association; Maezie Ervin and Hadlee Rinn, CMU Program Board; and Ryan Biller, Residence Housing Association.
Agendas for the December meetings, including a schedule of committee meetings, are available on the Board of Trustees website.
In accordance with the Board of Trustees bylaws, in-person public comment will be allowed for Thursday's formal session by submitting a request online or visiting the Office of the President in Warriner Hall.