Continued Growth at CMU Online
CMU Online reports a notable increase in enrollment markers, underscoring the growing popularity of online programs coupled with the personal attention provided to students through the Online Student Services team.
This year, there is an across-the-board increase in applications and admittance in graduate degree-seeking students. Spring graduate applications increased by 37% over the spring 2022 semester, and admissions increased by 11%.
Undergraduate programs also saw positive spring results, with a 5% increase in applications and a 6% increase in admissions in the same timeframe. This comes on the heels of an outstanding fall where increases in application and admissions soared by 56% and 57%, respectively.
In fall 2022, the Online Student Services (OSS) team reorganized into a program-centered model to support students throughout their academic journey. Students now receive regular communications like emails, texts, and phone calls from their OSS team. Personalized support is what keeps students on track to reaching their goals. Since implementation, undergraduate first-time enrolled students saw the largest semester-to-semester (fall 2022 to spring 2023) retention increase in 10 years at nearly 79%.
New fully-online certificate and degree programs are continually being added to the CMU Online portfolio. Programs launching this summer and fall 2023 include:
- Graduate Certificate in Disability Studies & Community Inclusion
- BS in Education: Teaching Grades PK-6, 2+CMU transfer program in partnership with six community colleges
- MA Higher Education Administration & Social Justice
- Graduate Certificate in Equity Centered Teaching & Learning
- Accelerated MA Special Education in conjunction with the Bachelor of Science in Community Development for students wanting to complete a bachelor’s degree and then go on to earn K12 special education teacher certification with the cognitive impairment endorsement
For more information on all CMU Online programs, visit: cmich.edu/online