June 2023 CMU Board of Trustees agenda preview
Trustees to adopt budget and tuition, housing and food rates
This week’s formal session of the Central Michigan University Board of Trustees meetings will include discussion of the 2023-24 operating budget and rates for tuition, and housing and food.
Trustees will also receive updates on several campus initiatives, and will take action on items including the granting of emeritus rank, faculty tenure and promotion, and a report from the Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
Committees convening Wednesday have adjusted their meeting times: the Policy and Bylaws Committee will now convene at 3:00 p.m., and the Academic and Student Affairs Committee will meet at 3:30 p.m.
The Trustees-Faculty Liaison and Trustees-Student Liaison Committees do not meet during June. The Finance and Facilities Committee will meet as a committee of the whole during formal session Thursday.
Wednesday’s committee meetings will include the following highlights:
- Policy and Bylaws Committee: Trustees will consider traffic ordinances including parking fees and approval of the 2023-2024 campus map.
- Academic and Student Affairs: Trustees will consider a motion to approve a department name change for Marketing and Hospitality Services Administration.
Thursday’s formal session will include discussion and action on the following:
- Undergraduate and graduate tuition for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- College of Medicine M.D. program tuition for the 2023-2024 and 2024-2025 academic years.
- Housing and food rates for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Operating budget for fiscal year 2023-2024.
Trustees also will appoint members to the CMU Research Corporation Board of Directors during Thursday’s formal session.
Meetings of the Board of Trustees are held in the President’s Conference Room in the Bovee University Center and are open to the public. In-person seating for up to 25 individuals is available in the Lake Superior Room; meetings are also available via livestream:
- Watch Wednesday’s committee meetings beginning at 3:00 p.m.
- Watch the formal session Thursday beginning at 11:30 a.m.
Individuals wishing to address the board during the formal session Thursday must submit a request to speak in advance of the meeting in one of two ways:
- Visit the Office of the President in Warriner Hall to complete a request card.
- Complete the online Request to Address the Board form.
Information about Board of Trustees meetings, including a schedule of meetings and agendas, is available on the CMU Board of Trustees meetings webpage.