CMU offers two options for on-campus flu shots
Vaccination important to prevent outbreak of disease
Central Michigan University students, faculty and staff are highly encouraged to vaccinate against the flu. CMU is offering two ways to get a flu shot on campus this fall.
“Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and death,” said George E. Kikano, M.D., CMU vice president for health affairs and dean of the College of Medicine. “We want our campus community to stay well, and vaccination is a safe, effective way to prevent severe cases of influenza.”
Kikano said behaviors to slow the spread of the flu apply to other viruses, such as colds and COVID-19.
“The flu vaccine, combined with preventive activities such as hand washing and covering coughs and sneezes, plus staying home when ill, will reduce the number of flu cases on our campus,” he said.
Here are details of flu shot availability on campus:
Alana’s Foundation one-day, pop-up clinic
- Alana’s Foundation will sponsor a one-day flu shot clinic at the Bovee University Center Terrace Rooms, 103 E. Preston, Mount Pleasant, on Wednesday, September 14, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- The Alana’s Foundation clinic is open to students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- To ensure adequate vaccine supply, preregistration is highly recommended. Register here: flu.vna.org, clinic ID: 1302, passcode: ALANAS2022.
- All attendees must complete the online consent form found at flu.vna.org. Children under 17 must have a consent form completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- Masks are recommended at the Alana’s Foundation clinic.
- Please bring a copy of your insurance card. If you are uninsured or underinsured, Alana’s Foundation will subsidize the cost of your vaccine.
- The clinic is sponsored by Alana’s Foundation and staffed by the Michigan Community Visiting Nurses Association.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the one-day flu shot clinic.
CMU Student Health Services
- Flu shots for students, faculty and staff will be available after September 17, 2022, at CMU Student Health Services, Foust Hall, Room 200 (second floor).
- Hours are 8 a.m.-11:30 a.m., 1-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Masks are required at Student Health Services.
- While most insurance plans cover the flu shot, please check with your insurance carrier. For faculty and staff, Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance through CMU covers the flu vaccine with no out-of-pocket cost.
- For questions or to make an appointment, call 989-774-6599 and press option #1.