Open forums scheduled for College of Business Administration associate dean finalists
Three finalists for the associate dean position in Central Michigan University’s College of Business Administration will meet with university stakeholders next week.
Open forums will provide members of the CMU community with opportunities to meet the candidates and learn about their backgrounds and interest in this leadership position. Links to the position description, candidate feedback forms, and the option of virtual attendance at the forums are available below and through the Office of the Provost website.
January 9 – John D. Diltz
Diltz is a lecturer in the Department of Finance and Law. Diltz earned a doctorate and a master’s degree in economics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and a Bachelor of Science in Economics from Purdue University. Diltz’s open forum will be held from 10:30-11:30 on Monday, January 9, in the Grawn Hall 264 and online.
January 11 – Deborah M. Gray
Gray is a professor of marketing in the Department of Marketing and Hospitality Services, and also serves as the assessment coordinator in the College of Business Administration. Gray earned a doctorate in Management from Royal Holloway College at the University London, an MBA from Central Michigan University, and a Bachelor of Science in Marketing and an Associate of Applied Science in Diversified Business from Ferris State University. Gray’s open forum will be held from 10:30-11:30 on Wednesday, January 11, in the Grawn Hall 264 and online.
January 13 – Misty M. Bennett
Bennett is the assistant dean of academic programs in the College of Business Administration and an associate professor of human resources in the Department of Management. Bennett holds three degrees from Central Michigan University: a doctorate in Organizational Psychology, master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, and a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Chemistry. Bennett’s open forum will be held from 1:00-2:00 on Friday, January 13, in the Grawn Hall 264 and online.
Dean Chris Moberg announced the associate dean search in November 2022. Paula Lancaster, dean of the College of Education and Human Services, is chair of the search committee, which includes the following members:
- Hayam Alnakhli, assistant professor in the Department of Marketing and Hospitality Services Administration.
- Abu Amin, associate professor and chair in the Department of Finance and Law.
- Karen Arthur, director of Business Student Services.
- Symantha Clark, a senior, marketing major, BRC peer mentor, and CBA Student Ambassador.
- Aparna Lhila, associate professor in the Department of Economics and director of the Master of Business Administration program.
- Jim Nesbitt, fixed-term faculty in the Department of Business Information Systems.
- Prajakta Nivargi, a graduate student in the Master of Science in Information Systems program.
- Lori Olsen, professor and interim chair in the Department of Management.
- Erica Peters, executive assistant to the provost.
- Michelle Yang, assistant professor in the Department of Management.