The search is on for the next dean of Central Michigan University's College of Science and Engineering.
Executive Vice President and Provost Mary C. Schutten has selected College of Business Administration Dean Chris Moberg to lead a 14-member committee to begin the nationwide search, assisted by Greenwood Asher and Associates. The intention is to fill the position by July 2021.
Also on the committee are:
- Elizabeth Alm, faculty, biology.
- Felix Famoye, faculty, statistics, actuarial and data sciences.
- Mark Francek, faculty, geography and environmental studies.
- Lisa Gandy, chair, computer science.
- Jon Humiston, executive assistant to the executive vice president and provost.
- Koblar Alan Jackson, faculty, physics.
- Larry Lemke, chair, earth and atmospheric sciences.
- Meera Mainkar, faculty, mathematics.
- Mary Tecklenberg, chair, chemistry and biochemistry.
- Heidi Tracy, vice president, Office of Advancement.
- Pete Vermeire, associate dean, College of Science and Engineering.
- David Weindorf, vice president of research and innovation, Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
- Kumar Yelamarthi, director, School of Engineering and Technology.
Jane Davison has been interim dean since May. She was acting dean from 2017-20 and associate dean before that.