How to Apply for Financial Aid
An outstanding education could be more affordable than you expect. We award more than $260 million in financial aid every year. As a CMU Online student, you could qualify for aid such as scholarships, grants, loans, and/or work-study.
We encourage all students to apply for financial aid. The process is straightforward, and we’re here to help. Here are the steps to follow.
1. Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This is the federal form that determines your eligibility for need-based grants and loans.
- Before you can fill out the FAFSA, you’ll need to create an account (also known as an FSA ID).
- List Central Michigan University (school code 002243) on the application to make sure we receive your results.
- Complete your FAFSA as soon after Oct. 1 as possible.
2. Apply for scholarships. We offer a variety of scholarships specifically for global campus and online students. Foundations, companies, and other institutions are also good sources for scholarships. Review scholarship search tips, and apply early!